- Biome Institute (Summer 2022 and Fall Working Group)
- Biennial Conference in Chemical Education (BCCE 2022, July 31- August 4, 2022)
- Oral presentations
- Incorporating “Molecular Case Studies” into large biochemistry courses by Didem Vardar-Ulu
- Engaging students in scientific literature review and structure visualization through the writing of molecular case studies by Elizabeth Pollock
- Oral presentations
- High-throughput Discovery Science & Inquiry-based Case Studies for Today's Students (HITS 2022, Summer Virtual and In-person Workshops) May 23-25 2022; Shuchismita Dutta presenting a session.
- BioQuest/QUBES FMN (Molecular CaseNet Spring 2021; Mentor Shuchismita Dutta)
- Goal was to pilot the case studies developed by Cohort-1 members; develop intro lessons to introduce educators and students to the data tools and resources offered by the Protein Data Bank and other Bioinformatics resources; and develop some rubrics to reviewing cases submitted to Molecular CaseNet.
- Biome Institute (Summer 2021 and Fall Working Group)
- Posters "Learning about Protein Structure and Function with Molecular CaseNet" and "Students Authoring Molecular Case Studies"
- Work in Progress - open discussions "Operationalizing Bloom’s Taxonomy for Interdisciplinary Science Explorations (intro video)" and "Promises and Pitfalls of Incorporating Molecular Case Studies in Biochemistry Courses"
- Shuchismita Dutta facilitated discussion group - Ecology/Environmental Biology Molecular Case Studies
- MCN Hosted workshop (Summer Professional Development workshop 2021, Virtual, July 5-9, 2021) [Pictures]
- Goal of this workshop is to train educators in using molecular visualization tools and help them develop an outline for writing their own case study.
- Community Spotlight (QUBES) Shuchismita Dutta and Molecular CaseNet (June 2021)
- QUBES FMN (Molecular CaseNet Spring 2021; Mentor Shuchismita Dutta)
- Goal was to test the usability of the published cases in various curricular contexts, write adaptations as appropriate; and to develop some rubrics to reviewing cases submitted to Molecular CaseNet.
- Biome Institute (Summer 2020 and 2020 Fall working Groups)
- Friday Visualization Conversations (Organized by BioMolViz.org, on Nov. 20, 2020) (Flyer)
- Shuchismita Dutta gave a presentation to UG faculty interested in promoting Molecular Visualization Literacy.
- QUBES FMN (Molecular CaseNet Spring 2020; Mentor- Shuchismita Dutta)
- Goal was to review the draft molecular case studies and pilot them in classrooms, revise the cases based on discussions and publish them on QUBES and Molecular CaseNet.
- In addition to publishing cases - 2 participating faculty tried to engage their students in writing molecular case studies.